First name: Andrew
2002 - Honours Diploma (engineer-programmer) Kharkov National University of Radioelectronics, Kharkov, Ukraine (Diploma N 020101)
1999 - "Candidate of Biological Sciences" (speciality: Cryobiology and Cryomedicine), Scientific Council on Cryobiology and Cryomedicine, Kharkov, Ukraine [PhD diploma N 003674]. Cand. Biol. Sci. Dissertation (PhD thesis): "Investigation of low temperature influence on the alpha-2- globulin group proteins and transaminases of human donor blood." (Kharkov, Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
1993 - Honours Diploma (Diploma N 004372) (Human and Animals Physiologist), Kharkov National University, Kharkov, Ukraine [equivalent of M.Sci.].
2001-2002 - Kharkov National University of Radioelectronics, Computer Science Faculty, Department of Software of Automatic Systems. Speciality: engineer-programmer.
1993-1996 - "Aspirantura" (PhD course) in the Department of Cool Adaptation Biochemistry of the Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
1988-1993 - Kharkov National University (Ukraine), Biological Faculty, Department of Human and Animals Physiology. (Speciality: Human and Animals Physiologist; Lecturer of Biology and Chemistry).
CAREER / EMPLOYMENT:|
2002 - present time - Scientist, Department of Cool Adaptation Biochemistry (Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
2000-2002 - Yong Scientist, Department of Cool Adaptation Biochemistry (Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
1996 - 1999 - Engineer (Lab-Assistant), Department of Cool Adaptation Biochemistry (Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
1993 - 1996 - "Aspirantura" (PhD course), investigation of structure-functional properties of human blood proteins. Department of Cool Adaptation Biochemistry (Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
1. Cryobiochemistry of blood plasma proteins, protein-cryoprotectors interaction, genetic markers of human blood.
2. Protein stability and interactions, protein-solvent interactions, solvent effects on protein stability, low-temperature effects on protein stability.
3. Definition of frequency of the haptoglobin gene, coding of this polymorphic protein among the population of Ukraine.
4. Investigation of the cord blood plasma composition and of its stimulation influence on the adult human organism under its transfusion. The safe keeping of cord blood plasma and erythrocytes after low-temperature storage and after lyophilization of cord blood plasma. Plasma lyophilization, which allows obtaining a dry substance of cord blood plasma (basic research).
5. Development of software, which models behavior of various biological objects under different experimental conditions, processing of biological experimental data.
6. Developing software for treatment of some science biological investigation. Web-design.
OS: Microsoft Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, Linux (Red Hat/Mandrake ), MS DOS
Borland C++ Builder 5/6
Macromedia Dreamweaver 4/MX
Adobe Photoshop 6/7
Adobe Illustrator 10
Macromedia Flash 5/MX
DBMS and Data Access Tools:
Apache http Server, HTTP, SMTP, TCP/IP
- Fluorescent spectrophotometry
- Analytical ultracentrifugation
- UV spectroscopy
- Cryopreservation techniques with application of cryoprotectants and different cooling rates
- Electrophoresis in SDS-PAGE gel
- Protein chromatography
Russian/Ukrainian: (the first language)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS:|
Member of the Ukrainian Cryobiology Society.
Member of the UNESKO Chair in Cryobiology.
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS:|
1. The program: "The safety of the population of the gene pool (1.1.1.), the project: "Creation of the low temperature bank of cells and tissues of the human for investigation of ecological factors' influence on the gene pool of the population of Ukraine" (01.01.01./061-92). Principal investigator Nikolchenko A. Duration: 1992-1996
2. Investigation of molecular mechanisms of cool cell stabilization under unpenetrative cryoprotectants action and low-temperature. Elaboration of the "without washing" technology of erythrocyte cryopreservation. (22.214.171.124). Duration: from 1998-2003.
3. Estimate of low-temperature influence on the membrane erythrocyte Ca-ATPase. Duration: from 1999.
4. 2002 - Elaboration of the project "Computer Multimedia Teaching System in Biochemistry"
5. Elaboration of the cord blood plasma lyophilization drug and investigation of its biological activity on the human and animals. Duration: from 2004. Principal investigator Nikolchenko A. and biochemistry team.
6. Elaboration of official web-site of Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences. Duration: 2004.
Enthusiastic and innovative scientist, and I would like to participate in the moving new areas of computer research. I have an interest and some experience in elaboration of computer models of different biological objects and would like to work in this field.
Sociable, honest, able to assimilate similar specialities (any biological and biochemical fields).
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org