Department of Cryopathophysiology and Immunology
In 1993, the Department of Cryopathophysiology was organized on the basis of the Laboratory of Cryobiology of Hematopoietic and Monocyte-Macrophage Systems of the Department of Cryoimmunology of the IPC&C of the NAS of Ukraine. The department was created to foster at the IPCC the research of the mechanisms of development of autoimmune and oncology diseases, as well as pathophysiological basis of interaction between cryopreserved cells of bone marrow, fetal liver, neuronal cells, placenta, cord blood etc with the recipient’s organism with the above mentioned pathologies. . In 2008 the Department of Cryopathophysiology was reorganized into the Department of Cryopathophysiology and Immunology. In 2016, the Department of Cryopathophysiology and Immunology merged with a laboratory of biotechnology and applied nanotechnology. Since the very start, the Department is headed by Prof. Anatoliy Goltsev - outstanding cryobiologist, professor, academician of the NAS of Ukraine. He is the author of about 800 scientific papers, including 8 monographs, 54 patents. Under his supervision, 2 Doctor of Sciences and 20 PhD dissertations were done and defended.
Prof. Anatoliy Goltsev
• Study of pathophysiological basis and mechanisms of development of autoimmune and oncology diseases, features of interaction of cryopreserved cells and tissues (including fetal) with the organism of recipients with the above-mentioned pathologies.
• Improving methods of cryopreservation of stem cells of different potency levels to eliminate non-lethal cryo-damage and increase the efficiency of clinical use.
• Fundamental studies of cryosensitivity of cancer stem cells and the use of various forms of nanocomposites to increase the effectiveness of oncopathology treatment.
• Development of protocols for effective cryopreservation of spermatogonal stem and accessory-regulatory cells of testes and tissues of convoluted tubules using biopolymer gels to restore male fertility
• Study of the peculiarities of the influence of cryopreservation factors on the state of genomic-post-genomic cascades of stem and accessory-regulatory cells of different origin.
• The use of various forms of nanocoatings for the targeted alteration of the structural and functional properties of mesenchymal stem cells during in vitro cultivation.
• Development of biotechnologies for ex vivo growing dendritic cells from cryopreserved progenitor cells and studying the molecular mechanisms of tolerogenic activity to increase the effectiveness of their clinical application.
• Modernization of technologies of cryopreservation and lyophilization of cord blood components to obtain effective antiviral drugs – immune correcting agents.
• Cooperation with other departments of the institute to improve the technology of low-temperature storage in creation of strategic blood banks.
- "Study of mechanisms of tolerogenic activity of dendritic cells under the influence of cryopreservation and components of cord blood" (184.108.40.206., 0121U113326, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). 2022-2026
- "Study of the mechanisms of rehabilitation of the immune system of tumor-bearing animals by cryopreserved dendritic cells" (220.127.116.11., 0117U000846, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). 2022-2026
- "Cryopreservation of spermatogonial stem and accessory-regulatory cells of testes using biopolymer gels" (№18.104.22.168., 0120U100381, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). 2020-2024
- "Joint use of nanocomposites and ultralow temperatures for inactivation of tumorigenic cells and inhibition of tumor growth" (.22.214.171.124., 0120U102198, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). Implementation timing: 2020-2024 Target program of basic research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine "Prospective basic research and innovative development of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies for industry, health and agriculture."The use of modern cellular nanobiotechnology in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis" (№126.96.36.199., 0120U102974, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). 2020–2024.
- Target program of scientific research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine “Genomic, molecular and cellular bases of development of innovative biotechnologies” for 2020–2024.
- Anatoliy Goltsev Chief researcher; Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Prof.
- Tetiana Dubrava Leading researcher, PhD
- Olena Lutsenko PhD, senior researcher
- Maksym Ostankov PhD, senior researcher
- Nataliia Babenko PhD, senior researcher
- Yuliya O. Gayevskaya PhD, senior researcher
- Mykola Bondarovych PhD, senior researcher
- Volodymyr Garbuz; PhD, senior researcher
- Ihor Hrisha Senior Engineer
- Olga Chelombytko engineer of the 1st category
- Valeriia Goncharova laboratory assistant
- Nataliia Volkova PhD; leading researcher
- Mariia Yukhta; PhDsenior researcher
- Larysa Sokil junior researcher
- Liudmyla Stepanyuk senior engineer
- Liudmyla Chernyshenko senior engineer
23, Pereyaslavskaya str., Kharkiv, Ukraine 61016
Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Tel: +380 57 373 4143, 373 3807, 373 3039; Fax: +380 57 373 3084