Interdepartmental Scientific Center
for Cryobiology and Cryomedicine
Interdepartmental Scientific Center (ISC) of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Academy of Medical Sciences and Ministry of Health Care of Ukraine was founded in 1997 by a mutual decree of Presidium of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Academy of Medical Sciences and Ministry of Health Care of Ukraine. The principal task of ISC is the usage of achievements of fundamental and applied cryobiology and cryomedicine for elaborating the up-to-date cryomedical technologies and their large-scale application in medical practice in Ukraine, CIS countries and abroad.
Director of ISC is academician of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Valentin I. Grischenko.
Main tasks, purposes and subject of ISC activity
- Elaboration of new technologies and improvement of the existing ones of long-term low temperature storage for bioobjects with different organisation level.
- Fundamental and applied investigations on studying the mechanisms of cooling effect on an organism and introduction of cryomedicine methods in health care practice; elaboration and introduction of cryomedicine equipment.
- Elaboration of new medicinal preparations of animal and plant origin, biopreparations from tissues and cells of embryofetoplacental complex of allo-, auto and xenogenic origin.
- Development and extending of investigations in the filed of cellular and tissue therapy, creation and introduction into medical practice of new efficient treating methods for some diseases.
- Elaboration and introduction of technical and medical standards for procurement, low temperature storage, transplantation, implantation of cryopreserved tissues and cells, application of biopreparations in medical practice.
- Spreading of theoretical and practical knowledge about methods and tasks of cryomedicine and cell and tissue therapy.
- Carrying-out the expert examination and issuing of certificate to cryobanks for cryobiological methods and technologies.
- Elaboration of methodical recommendations.
- Organisation and coordination of national and international scientific groups, projects to solve fundamental and applied tasks in cryobiology and cryomedicine.
- Spreading in Ukraine of advanced methods of cold treatment for different diseases.
- Training for staff in different medical centers; charitable and sponsor activity, targeted to a social and financial support for students of medical institutions, schools etc.
- Carrying-out of conferences, exhibitions, methodical councils and workshops.
- The contacts with foreign cryobiological centers and European Association of Tissue Banks.
- Publishing activities.
23, Pereyaslavskaya str., Kharkiv, Ukraine 61015
Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Tel: +380 57 373 4143, 373 3807, 373 3039; Fax: +380 57 373 3084